Friday 17 December 2010

another day

another submission.

Finally heard back from Mslexia and although my story got shortlisted for the next issue, it didn't get selected. A small exhale of curses. And move on...

So I've just edited it very slightly and sent it right back out again to here - Notes from the Underground - a free magazine with a huge readership that's distributed all around London, including on the underground. I've wanted to send something to this magazine before, I like that it's free and that it reaches people easily. Cross things for me. Ta.

5 comments:

Anna Cathenka said...

things are crossed. xx

Teresa Stenson said...

Thank you Annabanana x

Rachel Fenton said...

vndefskgsldg!

Had my eyes crossed there - but crossing everything else now! Good luck! I applaud your tenacity!

Miles said...

You go girl. And a new year is coming, with all its possibilities xxx

Teresa Stenson said...

Thanks Rachel - well, I know some writers don't let a rejected story sit on their desks for more than a day before it's thrown back out into the world again, so I thought I'd be one of them. Plus, if I'm being honest I had secret hopes it'd get into Mslexia - it's one of the places I really really want to be published, so sending it out elsewhere felt like a positive thing to do from the snarl of rejection. Thanks for crossing your eyes, careful though, if the wind blows they'll stay like that...


Millsy - 'you go girl' - love it. Thanks shitface. See you soon please.