Thursday 1 October 2009

coolio

yeah, I said 'coolio'...

So I got an email today from the editor at Writers' Forum to say they are publishing my short story, Have you met the new guy? in their December issue. £150! Fantastique.

It goes on sale on November 4th and you can buy it in WH Smith's, Borders, all that jazz.

It's a story I didn't know what to do with because it's quite different from my usual writing style. It's a comedy, and I guess it's got a twist ending. I think. I'm too used to it to know if there's an element of suprise or not. I wrote it about 3 or 4 years ago, prompted by a conversation with someone at work, and really I wrote it to amuse myself, initially at least.

So yeah, coolio!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Yipeee :) Well done. I submitted there once and got a scruffy tick box feedback from them. Not even one comment.

Teresa Stenson said...

Aw, that sucks. I do think it's gone uphill in the past year or two, they got a new editor and it's a more useful magazine now, and more professional than it was.

Thanks for the 'yipeee' :)