Wednesday 5 December 2012

Where've ya been

Well well well. It's been a while.

So what happened is... I haven't been writing. After all the motivation and getting-it-done of October, November carried with it good intentions, but no real hutz-pah. I've been turning up, you know, sitting at the laptop, having a go, but there isn't really much to show. (Though I do seem to keep rhyming, accidentally.)

Now November has turned to December and the oh-shit-it's-nearly-christmas feeling has kicked in and I find it much harder to focus on writing. I always feel like I should be doing something else this month, like there isn't enough time to do it all. Time goes a bit mad in December, doesn't it. In truth, I long for January, the whole year stretched out ahead, anything possible. Til then I'm going to take all expectations off myself and let this month unfold the way it wants.

Announcement: on Friday we'll have a special guest here, David Lear, Editor of Firestone Books - open now for submissions, to talk about what they're looking for. Do come back for that.

How are you finding December? Can you switch off from all the jingle-bells and write? 





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to Friday :o)

Anonymous said...

There is a lovely little lull after Christmas when I tend to get things written... but not now, oh no. Now is all about biting Sellotape and licking envelopes, and next week will be all about cloves and oranges and hot red wine. There might be a few godawful stories written after the wine, I suppose. That sometimes happens.

Teresa Stenson said...

Good stuff, David - see you here tomorrow!

Hi Tracey - oooh, mulled wine... must have one soon. And yeah, post (or during) booze stories - gotta love em - feels like you're channeling Dylan Thomas, til you look over it the next day.