In no particular order, some of the things that have been happening:
- I submitted my mini-book idea about working in customer service to indie publishers MIEL Books and got a rejection 10 days later. Oh well, better than waiting months and months
- I have said the phrase 'I live in an attic' far too many times to complete strangers
- I've been working on a story that's been festering away in me for years, and when it's finished I'm sending it to the Costa Prize (closes Aug 2nd)
- I've been working various shift patterns at my bar job and trying to get some kind of routine for writing around that, with a little bit of success but also a fair bit of tiredness
- I started watching season 7 of Dexter and season 3 of The Walking Dead and both are brilliant
- I read 'Room' by Emma Donoghue and got what all the fuss is about, loved it
- I used the word 'season' twice when I should have said 'series'
- My wardrobe/closet rail collapsed and it sent me funny
- I've been enjoying my friend Anna's new blog - it's honest and funny, like she is
- I sent a short piece of memoir writing to the Lightship Awards, it's probably the most personal thing I've ever submitted
- I've watched loads of Italian horror films from the 70s
- I dreamt that Jack Bauer was coming round for tea
- I also dreamt that I had a race with Steve Coogan, and I won
So you can see I've just been busy busy busy, especially in my sleep.