Thursday 12 April 2012

FREAKS! Free story by Nik Perring & Caroline Smailes

Today sees the release of Freaks! a collection of 50 short stories written by Nik Perring and Caroline Smailes, and illustrated by Darren Craske.

To help celebrate the launch there are bloggers everywhere posting a FREE story and drawing from the collection. I am one of them bloggers - and here is the story, Invisble. Enjoy!



Invisible


[Super Power: The ability to make oneself unseen to the naked eye]



If I stay totally still,


if I stand right tall,


with me back against the school wall,


close to the science room’s window,


with me feet together,


pointing straight,


aiming forward,


if I make me hands into tight fists,


make me arms dead straight,


if I push me arms into me sides,


if I squeeze me thighs,


stop me wee,


if me belly doesn’t shake,


if me boobs don’t wobble,


if I close me eyes tight,


so tight that it makes me whole face scrunch,


if I push me lips into me mouth,


if I make me teeth bite me lips together,


if I hardly breathe,


if I don’t say a word.


Then,


I’ll magic meself invisible,


and them lasses will leave me alone.


You can order a paper copy of Freaks! here, or the e-book version here.


No comments: