Thursday, 15 June 2017

Quotes From My Teenage Diary Part 9: I have a few plans


I'm 12 years old, it's November 1993 and I am very VERY excited about Christmas. The only way to channel this excitement is to write a really precise itinerary (almost 4 weeks in advance) about how I'll spend both Xmas Eve and Xmas Day. 






Actual evidence of a child "treating this house like a hotel"

Christmas Eve's plan is quite detailed and yet says nothing. I eat, go out, come back in again - and repeat - throughout the day. Just where was I going exactly?


And now for the itinerary of the main event: the plan for Christmas Day. I did several of these. Here are the first two.

Any parents out there: is 5.21 quite early for your kid to be getting you up?






Similar to the Christmas Eve schedule, there's a lot of detail but this time I list actual tangible things I will do, such as do my hair and "Sit on bed and say a prayer" (!!!) 
I'm also very delighted to see that I scheduled time in to "Get excited". 
A whole 4 minutes.


------------------------------------------


Quotes From My Teenage Diaries is an ongoing project as I re-read and reflect 
on the diaries I kept from the age of 11 to 16. 

You can read Part 1: BEST FRIENDS here
Part 2: CONGRATULATIONS here
Part 3: MY FIRST BOYFRIEND here,
Part 4: MY SOUL AMBITION here,
Part 5: MEATLOAF here,
Part 6: MARK OWEN here
Part 7: A KITTEN! here
PART 8: PHILLIP SCHOFIELD here

There's a Facebook page too and soon - I hope - there will be a podcast. 
If you enjoyed this or can relate in any way - please do leave a comment or say hi on Facebook - it'd be lovely to hear from you.

No comments: